Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question from Mac user for series 'How to Program in C#'

I've been learning coding afor a couple of month now through unity tutorials and such, but thought it might be a good idea to go over all the basics again since I know I've missed some stuff.

I started watching Brackeys new 2020 series on how to code in C#, starting with the video "HOW TO PROGRAM - Getting Started!". This is a good video!

However on a mac, due to the console being different, after you change the 'launch.json' "console": to "externalTerminal", and then run the program, it works, but is a lot more cumbersome. The Terminal prints a bunch of text before it prints the 'Hello World!" text.

Text:

"Last login: Tue Aug 25 16:58:43 on ttys002

Mitchells-Mac-Pro-2:~ Mitch$ cd '/Users/Mitch/.vscode/extensions/ms-dotnettools.csharp-1.23.1/.debugger/'; '/Users/Mitch/.vscode/extensions/ms-dotnettools.csharp-1.23.1/.debugger/vsdbg' '--interpreter=vscode' '--connection=/var/folders/2s/f_kwctg11572hvtsrkhgvz2c0000gn/T/CoreFxPipe_vsdbg-ui-d97b16926688480fa29fc90c6193690e'

Hello World!"

Then when you press any key to exit, the VS Code Debug console says the program has exited, but the terminal does not close. This isn't the end of the world, but just makes learning a bit more clunky.

Is there any way to make it function more like it does on Windows? Namely to not have all the text, and to exit properly?

Thanks for any advice you guys can spare!