Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Field of View problem

ArakjinArakjin Member

Hi

I'd like to be able to use two different renderers in Lightweight Render Pipeline.

I have 2D Renderer for 2D lights and shadows and forward renderer for masking stuff. I'd like to use them together, but haven't figured out a way to do so. (apparently there can only be one active at a time)

Forward renderer has some rules that checks which layers are rendered in field of vision and I'd like to add lights to that. I guess one way would be to do custom shader, but I don't know much about that.

here's what I'm trying to do but somewhat failing, it works fine, but I'd like it to "dimm" the further away player is looking, and some softening on edges of light. I know that it's possible to do same effect with 2d lights and visually it would be just what I want, but I don't want to use Shadow Caster 2D, since it's such a pain to create all shapes and more so if I'll make level editor later in the development.

Since I didn't manage to figure out my real problem while writing this I'm in need of help. so I hope my rambling made some sence and thank you in advance.